Monday, April 7, 2008

Welcome!

I've been thinking about the best way to kick off this blog and I've decided to just launch the thing. So just in time for spring in the Great Lakes, here we go.

Following a three year absence from my home city of Toledo, Ohio, I returned for employment purposes last summer. I was immediately struck by just how much potential Toledo and Lake Erie West possess. There are thousands of brilliant, creative people here who are committed to making Toledo a hotbed city for culture, sustainability, economy, and everything in between. Everyone knows that we have a lot of work to do toward attaining this goal. I suppose that I've started this blog to help in the accomplishment of this work by spreading the word on the things that local people and organizations are doing to make the vision of a continuously thriving and evolving Toledo a reality. In addition, I'll be making some suggestions of my own, and I enthusiastically invite any and all to do the same.

I would like to thank Abby at GLUE for being generous enough to link this post to gluespace so soon after its launch. Accordingly, my first (planned) substantive post will relay and discuss some of the ideas thrown around at the Toledo Sticky Cities meeting this Thursday, April 10. I should also point out that there is a really good Toledo development thread already established on SkyscraperCity (you can access this at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=240455; it goes back to '06 and is updated daily). I'll post any news I post here on that thread as well.

I look forward to an endless number of great discussions to come!

No comments: